Old October 29th 03, 01:30 AM
Harry Gordon

Default Follow-up to earlier posting - Taking hand-held transceivers on commercial airlines

Hi folks. Just returned from a fantastic vacation in WI. In my previous
posting I was concerned about taking my hand-held radio on-board with me.
Well, just to let you know...I went through 2 security screenings (one at
SAT and the other at MKE). At SAT, they didn't like all the wires in my
flight bag (what they saw on x-ray). I had 2 headsets, battery re-chargers,
etc. in my flight bag - a lot of wires. Well as they pulled various things
out I told the examiner what it was and he was happy. Never once did he even
comment about the radio. I had taken off the antenna but had left the
battery pack attached. At MKE, they didn't even ask to go through the flight
bag. I told them prior to it going through the x-ray machine what it was and
what was in it. So, all-in-all, no problems. Just thought you might like to
know.... now, if I could just find some way to keep the hook in my pants
from setting off the walk-thru.... :-)

Harry