Old July 19th 03, 02:02 AM
Ernest Christley

John Nicholson wrote:
Hi

I am building a Lancair 360 and have reached that point in construction
where I need to take a decision on the best stick grips. I have two
questions on which I'd welcome your views?

(1) What is the best configuration? That is, what should and shouldn't be
on the grip?

(2) Any thoughts on which is the best commercially available grip that meets
the criteria for (1) above?

Thanks

John

And to piggyback on John for just a second...

I see these grips advertised for upwards of $100. What do you get for $100?

My stick is a piece of 4130 tube. Well, my airplane's stick is a piece
of tube. Mine is made of a somewhat softer material. Be that as it
may, I don't see where these guys get the idea that I'd pay $100 for a
couple switches and a piece of plastic. My plan has been to make a mold
of my grip with some playdough and then duplicate it in a piece of
hardwood. Another option is to go with a logiteck joystick grip, but I
have a lot of trouble finding one that fits my hand.

--
----Because I can----
http://www.ernest.isa-geek.org/