Old August 2nd 06, 04:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Headset Choice

On Wed, 02 Aug 2006 20:22:42 +1000, jad
wrote:

Hi guys,

Im looking to buy a new headset but not sure which way to go..

The Flightcom Denali ANR's are looking good, but haven't heard much
about them!

The DRE 6500 looks great.. but I know very little of DRE, then I can go
for the David Clarks, which Im sure everyone will tell me to go for!!

Any suggestions or experiences with any of the above ??

Jad

There's been two threads very recently:
"what headset to buy" & "Which DC Headphone is best choice?"

I asked this question about a month ago.
After looking for a good passive headset I discovered there are
inexpensive active headsets. Following advice in this group I have
opted for the following, but yet to purchase:

MG Golden Eagle. It's clean...in other words there aren't many knobs
and nuts that you can lose and make the headset unusable. In a
perfect world you should be able to get 38 db of noise reduction in
the ANR mode and it is very light weight. It operates on 2 AA
batteries and has cell phone/music interface...all for $239.95. It is
made by Lightspeed and has Marv Golden logo on it.

David