Old December 14th 09, 05:13 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Steve Leonard[_2_]

Default Optimum CG Range

On Dec 13, 9:30*pm, Bob Kuykendall wrote:

For an extra 245 Europes, I will be glad to translate that into a
dimensional range aft of the wing leading edge at side-of-body. For
245 Australias, I will do all the above and throw in a wisecracking
reality-show cameraman. We are not accepting any other continents at
this time.

Thanks, and best regards to all

Bob K.www.hpaircraft.com---- now with 245% less ondulation!

So, Bob, does this mean you are only accepting two out of continent
offers, and no in-continent offers at this time? Will this now
qualify me as the wisecracking reality show cameraman?

I have various manuals on various planes that say anything and
everything from X% to Y% of the root chord, to X% to y% of the chord .
5 meters outboard of the side of the fuselage. Best reference that
can be given for the average pilot is a set of dimensions from an easy
to identify point. Forward face of the forward drag spar in the
fuselage on an HP-18 is an excellent datum.

Steve Leonard
:-)