Old March 21st 19, 07:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Martin Gregorie[_6_]

Default Life glider hours with winch

On Thu, 21 Mar 2019 11:52:53 -0700, José Ignacio Otero wrote:

El jueves, 21 de marzo de 2019, 14:31:08 (UTC-3), Frank Whiteley
escribió:
On Thursday, March 21, 2019 at 11:14:42 AM UTC-6,
wrote:
Hi all.

I listened from some pilots that the glider life hours reduce if you
use winch start.

Is that true? I looked for some data about and I did not found.

have a nice day, José.

Any life adjustment issues should be in the POH or the maintenance
manual. There were adjustment factors on our L-23 for winch launches,
flying with the wing tip extensions, solo/dual flight, or for aerobatic
flight.

Frank Whiteley

Hi Frank,

Thanks for reply, L-23 is an special situation with the AD in the wing
roots.

What about K-13, Ka-6, Libelle, Std Austria, Lak-12, Std Cirrus,
ASW-20...

There is nothing my Std Libelle's POH about launch method affecting
airframe lifetime. AFAIK they are fitted as standard with both CG and
nose hooks. Mine was, and so are the other two others based at the club.
Re-life inspection is at 3000 hours regardless of launch method.

--
Martin | martin at
Gregorie | gregorie dot org