Old March 12th 07, 11:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
FLAV8R

Default Phil called today

For the last few weeks I have been getting numerous phone calls everyday
from a number that lists itself as "PUB INTEREST CO".
Since I'm not in the habit of picking up the phone to talk to solicitors, I
don't answer calls from unknown parties.
But today I thought I would put an end to all the harassing phone calls that
I have been getting at all hours of the day.
So today when I answered the phone, I found out it was AOPA calling to let
me know that my membership
will be expiring soon.
You know a simple message left on my answering service the first time they
called would have been a sufficient reminder
to renew, instead they choose to call everyday several times a day from
morning to till night without properly identifying
themselves on the caller ID.

I have been a member for over 15 years and have supported them every chance
I could, but this is really just too much.

Phil, What have you really done for me lately?
Thank you for the lovely hats and airport directories, thank you for the
discount at Sun-N-Fun, thank you for
the cute little pin that I have worn proudly over the years and thank you
for the online flight planner.
But Phil, please stop calling me! You're getting to be worse than my
ex-wife.

David - AOPA member