Old February 8th 08, 01:10 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Robert M. Gary

Default High time Bo A36 anyone?

On Feb 6, 8:31*pm, Newps wrote:
Matt,
Go he

http://lists.kjsl.com/pipermail/beec...uary/date.html

I posted your question there and you can follow along as the people who
would know about these things chime in. *Look for the header "High Time
A36". *All 33, 35, 36 and A36 Bo's have the same wing. *The B36 is
slightly different. *That forum is also a great place for any other Bo
questions you may have.

Matt Whiting wrote:

I'm wondering if anyone here owns a Bonanza A36 (or any Bo with a
similar wing structure) with high airframe time (10,000 hours)?

I ask because my local A&P who rebuilds a lot of wrecked airplanes knows
of an A36 that had a nose gear collapse and has been collecting dust in
a hangar for the last several years. *I don't have all of the details,
but I understand it is a mid-80s airframe with about 12,000 hours that
was used for some sort of freight delivery. *It is missing the engine
and prop and obviously needs the nose and nose gear rebuilt, but he does
that for a living so that isn't a concern.

He thinks he can repair the airframe, replace the engine (he apparently
has the appropriate core on hand to rebuild) and prop, paint it and
still have less than about $100K in it. *I'm considering this, but am
quite leery of a Bo wing with that many hours. *I know of a lot of
strut-braced Cessna's with more hours than that and am not aware of any
structural issues. *However, I've read about the issues over the years
with cracks in the spars of several high time cantilever wing singles
such as the Cherokee, the T-34, etc.

So, I'd appreciate any information available on the durability of the
A36 airframe as it accumulates hours in excess of 10,000. *I searched on
Trade-a-Plane and found nothing for sale with more than about 7,000 hours.

Matt- Hide quoted text -

Man, that hurts my eyes. Don't you guys have a forum like we have in
the Mooney community. Just grab a copy of FUDforum or phpBB, etc. You
can still fork it to an email list for the old timers.

-Robert