Old January 5th 16, 01:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
ND

Default The truth about Flarm Stealth and Competition definition...

On Monday, January 4, 2016 at 8:02:55 PM UTC-5, Andrew Ainslie wrote:
"The ongoing overstatements about degraded safety are folks who want to use open FLARM tactically (or, for the fun/learning of watching what others are doing.) Let's talk about that if you want to but let's not continue turn that into a safety argument.

XC "

Sean, this is just complete crap. This is ONE folk that doesn't want this for tactical advantage, this is a folk who wants to maximize safety.

You are, in essence, calling me and others liars. Based on what evidence?

What evidence do you have that I want farm to leach?

Just stop this bull****, Sean. On the offside that uppercase gets your attention, WE DON'T WANT TO DIE. Simple. One of the scariest and most off putting aspects of competitive flying is the continuous proximity of other pilots. I and many others think it asinine, foolish and cavalier to compromise safety to make the sport more manly.

it's 8 am and that's enough internet for me today already..... i get what you both (VW / XC) are saying and i'm not getting ****ed. i want to put something in perspective though; i don't have a flarm and you happily fly in my vicinity all summer. things get blown out of proportion on the internent. how about you two discuss it over a beer at the hill, eh? the internet makes people lose their **** unnecessarily. and andrew, this is NOT pointed directly at you at all. i think the entire discussion is getting a little too heated.