Old July 26th 08, 10:23 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_24_]

Default Coming home from Houston Sunday...

george wrote in
:

On Jul 26, 12:15 pm, Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
george wrote
innews:5c4baaa9-36dc-41fa-9897-01f9ba30db81

@z6g2000pre.googlegroups.co
m:

On Jul 26, 8:43 am, Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
george wrote in
@z26g2000pre.googlegroups.com:

Aha.
The Vampire -was- the jet fighter of choice for our Air Force

Bertie you've got to save your pennies and come out to Warbirds
over Wanaka.
They generally have two Vampires and sometimes a Venom.
And lots of twitchy little Russian beasties (Polykarpovs)...

Yeah, I've seen the Polikarpovs on TV. Amazing recreations!
There's been quite a few reproductins of fighters down there.. Too
much time and money on your hands!

Not reproductions they were dug out of deepest Siberia, rebuilt and
shipped out here

OK. But there's very little left of the originals, eh?

I read about them years ago when tye were first done and have seen
some video of them flying OK. I must look up some detailed info on
them There was an FW 190 project down there as well, wasn't there?

What mark was the Stuka trainer?
It's one of them

Stuka trainer? You lost me there. They used a 190 as a Stuka trainer?

Bertie