Old February 22nd 05, 10:03 PM
Morgans

"Howard Nelson" wrote

I have flown numerous times single engine, day, over both rockies and
sierras. I don't know what the actual realities are but the sierras are

much
more "scary". They rise faster, fewer valleys and more bare rock. I have
always felt that I have had an "out" when flying over the rockies not so

the
sierras.

Howard

Although I have not flown above the Andes, except very high in an airliner,
driving through them gives me the following point of view. If you think the
Sierras are scary, check out the Andes. They are young, raw, and jagged.
--
Jim in NC