Old July 30th 05, 10:49 AM
Bruce

nimbus wrote:
Some remarks/questions:
1.But the price of nearly 140 k€ seems very high to me.
2.Is it possible to upgrade a DG 1000 toward a DG1000 Turbo?
3. Why your remark about outlanding? Is the DG1000 very bad for
outlanding?

Hi Ian

I assume the comment was simply that the turbo option would allow you to get
home - and the DG1000 offered does not have the iron thermal in the back.

From what I have read the undercarriage on the DG is extremely robust and well
suited to outlandings - derigging a 20m two seater is going to be a sweaty job
in most cases...

DG are offering a "T" option on the 1000 - and new prices seem to be
comparable,the DG engine management appears simpler - but having never played
with either I can't comment. Now if either came with the extremely useful
ability to launch unaided that option it would be nice.

The DG1000 also comes with a choice of 18 and 20m wingspan, the former endowing
it with Aerobatic rating...

I suppose it comes down to horses for courses. the DG is more versatile, the Duo
is more focussed, and arguably better cross country.

Cheers
Bruce
--
Bruce Greeff