Old February 24th 19, 02:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Soartech

Default TOW PLANE Accident

On Thursday, February 21, 2019 at 10:13:06 AM UTC-5, Charlie M. wrote:

I don't hang onto the release during tow.
I never taught to hang onto the release during tow.
In glass ships, we have a looped rope tied to the release and laid across our thigh to make a quick release easier.

I totally agree with this and use the looped cord! My release "knob" is a small diameter sphere and it too easily has slipped from my grasp.
Thanks, Charlie for pointing out the best course of action here.