Old December 16th 04, 05:42 PM

I can reliably pull up to the gliderport and be on the runway, strapped
in, ready for a tow, in an hour. This is with an LS6b (manual
hookups), two people (the other person needed for 5 minutes max), Cobra
trailer, and not adding any water ballast. It does include taping,
cleaning the canopy inside and out. Rigging the plane is usually the
quickest thing to do, expecially if you have auto hookups - maybe 15
minutes from pulling up to done. What takes more time (and which many
people seem to overlook when saying how quick they can rig) is a decent
tape job and a good wash. Add water ballast and you may have another
30 minutes. I would challenge anyone who says they can be ready to go
in 15 minutes to a race...but let them fly their own planes!

I like to give myself two hours from driving up to launching, so I'm
not rushed and have time to do a little flight planning (looking at the
sky, mainly!).

I don't worry about my wings coming off - I worry about spam can
drivers who don't look out the window.

Kirk
66