Old February 23rd 05, 12:03 AM
S Herman

A club I "know of" in the last year had a gear up in a C177RG (pilot
error), a prop strike in a Citabria on bounced landing, prop strike in
an Arrow (guy ran over the taxi lights taxiing after a night landing),
and a Cherokee 180 basically totalled in an off airport landing (guy
ran one tank, then the other dry before looking for a place to set
down). Not a one of these shows up in searches of the NTSB or FAA
databases . . . I'm not sure about the first three, but I'm sure a
totalled $60,000 airplane caused by running it out of gas is required
to be reported.

A good idea, but isn't failure to report/log such things a felony?

No.

It would be nice if it was.