Old March 24th 04, 01:52 AM
Netmeister news

My ultralight SparrowHawk tows quite well behind a Pawnee, thank you.
11,100 ft over the mountians from Crystal on Sat. Nice 80 kt cruise and the
smallest diameter turns you've ever seen. Having fun in Cal.
"ISoar" wrote in message
om...
The US distributor of Aeros hang gliders has announced that the
Ukranian company's ultralight sailplane has had it's first flight.
This craft was built using the wing of Aero's rigid wing hang glider,
the Stalker. It was designed to be towed up by the same tugs hang
gliders use. I wonder what happens when one tries to tow an
ultralight sailplane with the same towplanes we use?

Some specs:
Weight: 80 kilos
Stall speed: 34-40 kph
VNE: 140 kph
Max L/D: 27 at 60 kph
Min sink: .5 - .6 (units not specified) at 45 kph

Details (very few) and photos at
http://www.justfly.com/news/al12info.htm