Old June 24th 03, 02:22 AM
Bill Silvey

"Phil Miller" wrote in message

On Tue, 24 Jun 2003 00:16:57 GMT, "Bill Silvey"
wrote:

"CJS" wrote in message

"Fosters, it's Australian for 'Here, you drink it.'"

That being said, a Vic Bitter or two can hit the spot.

James Boag's is pretty good stuff - not that I've had a great huge
amount of brews from down under, mind you.

Wow! A connoisseur. Yeah, I quite like a Boags on occasions.

Well, I'll tell you what. The first time (and sadly, the last time) I ever
had a boags was from a gourmet store (which closed soon after) near my
house. Now, I like it when beers taste "clean"; that is, the underlying
taste behind the alcohol is either nonexistant, or very refreshing. Upon
tasting a Boags, I was struck by how much like pure, clean springwater that
taste was. I was in heaven.

Now of course I can't find it anywhere in the states. Probably for the
best; that lone bottle cost me about $5 USD!

I'm also fond of Banks, from Barbados. A delicious lager.

--
http://www.delversdungeon.dragonsfoot.org
Remove the X's in my email address to respond.