Old August 3rd 19, 01:59 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John DeRosa OHM Ω http://aviation.derosaweb.net

Default source for clips or sleaves for Hotelier linkages

On Friday, August 2, 2019 at 2:21:12 PM UTC-5, wrote:
For those of us lucky enough to have to put those pins in, the best tool is a really bright flashlight. It’s relatively easy if you can put a bright light right on the connection. It’s next to impossible to do it blind.

Swanson - I have to disagree on it being impossible to put the R-clip in blind. I suppose it all depends on the glider. My (beloved) DG-101 had a turtle deck hatch and no amount of lighting was going to help the situation of looking into a jet black hole surrounded by sun lit bright white gel coat.. You had to do it blind (especially the dive brakes which were located at the wing root).