Old August 14th 19, 02:35 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Gary Wayland

Default Flaps/No flaps...practical difference??

On Tuesday, August 13, 2019 at 2:43:09 AM UTC-4, Brett wrote:
Brett;997703 Wrote:
I have about 500 hours in a D2C (18m). And a number of 18m flapped
gliders since. The D2C is a beautiful sailplane to fly and very
competitive. If you fly under 100kts it gives very little away to a
V2cx.
I had no problems towing full of water or landing short. Very docile
handling.
AND it will easily out-climb a Libelle.
I highly recommend it for your type of flying.

Brett

--
Brett

Who was the slug in that Libelle? No one can out thermal a Libelle! lol

Just kidding... I have a sweet spot for the Libelle. My first Sailplane. 250 hours that first year. She was a fun machine... No plane in that era ever flew through that glider in a thermal...

For the money, based on the thermal aspects and pure fun, I can't think any other plane that matches it that was in standard class for its time. I'm biased, of course...

Gary
"SQ"
ASW27b