Old July 7th 06, 01:22 AM posted to rec.aviation.misc
Ron Natalie

Default Do you allow landings on short fields?

Roy Smith wrote:
Marty Shapiro wrote:
Yep, that's the club. At least they have removed the 3,000'
restriction. One of the clubs quickly recovered when I asked where to
return the aircraft and said the restriction only applied to non-towered
fields. How or why the presence of a control tower should make a
difference, I don't know.

The tower will make some effort to see that you land into the wind.
Downwind landings and short runways make a bad combination.

Gee never known a tower to accept that responsiblity. As a matter
of fact I've had a few try to land me downwind. At least at an
uncontrolled field I don't even have to ask to take the preferred
runway.