Old November 17th 03, 10:00 PM
Allen Epps

Thanks, been there as well as VPNavy.com. The problem is the vast
amount of PBY sqaudrons at the time particulalry in Jax area. Was
hoping someone could break down which were training and which were
operational
Allen

In article , WDA
wrote:

You might try the Navy Historical Center at: http://www.history.navy.mil/

WDA

end

"Allen Epps" wrote in message
et...
All,
Doing a little research for a friend of mine who is looking to get a
print customized for his father. His father was a first class PO in
1944 as a radar instructor in PBY's at NAS Jax. Any thoughts as to what
squadron this might be and if they would have any different markings
than the typical blue/gray of that era? From what I found it looks like
VPB-2 was the biggest at the time but that looked to be an OTU. Would a
basic training squadron have even had radar equiped planes at that time
and what model Catalina would it have been, I would assume a 5 or 5A.
Thanks for the help

Pugs
Catonsville, MD