Old February 9th 06, 03:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr

Default A couple of questions about IPC

On 02/09/06 07:07, Robert Chambers wrote:
The IPC can consist of whatever you want to make yourself current. 6
approaches, tracking VOR's and holding, which you can do with a safety
pilot. However since you have the CFII in the plane with you, it could
be something else you'd like to work on such as timed turns or partial
panel, along with a couple of approaches and a hold or so.

The CFII is going to assess whether you are safe and competant to fly
IFR and signs the log book to that effect. I do an IPC with my CFI
whenever I haven't flown in the gauges for a while and want to make sure
that I haven't picked up any bad habits.

Technically you don't need to do the IPC until 1 year after you lose IFR
currency but you don't have to do just the minimum required to get by.

Actually, the IPC is required 6 months after you lose currency.

Robert

Paul Tomblin wrote:
I've only done one approach in the last 6 months. I've let my currency
lapse, so as I read the regs I now have to do an IPC, right? What does an
IPC consist of? Just 6 approaches and a hold, or is there more to it?
Can it be fewer than 6 approaches?

Cal Aggie Flying Farmers
Sacramento, CA