Old October 29th 06, 04:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jim[_6_]

Default Used European Sailplane For U.S. Delivery?

Yes! I'm going to look at the Kestrel this week.
BTW, I've learned that the past owner died in a power-plane accident at
Santa Ynez, which happens to be where I'd base the sailplane.
Thanks,
Jim

"gfoster07k" wrote in message
oups.com...

Jim wrote:

I'm looking for a first glass ship with an XL sized cockpit. (To

illustrate:
Front of the DG-500 is fine, An LS-4a is barely large enough, the Jantar

48
Std 2 too tight).
Low time flyer, noncompetition use, so prefer a sweet handling, easy

landing
sailplane. Rather not spend over $30K USD, & it must have a trailer. I'd
look at projects if we can clearly estimate repair cost/time.
Best Regards,
Jim Hultman

Have you considered the Kestral 19 on Wings and Wheels. Huge cockpit
for up to 6 feet 4 inches. It is in Southern California if it still
for sale.

Greg Foster