Old September 1st 08, 08:38 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
JRW

Default Ren Yenc

michael hoare wrote:
I dont care if its been said a thousand times i fail to see the
point of encrypting entries so that they cant be viewed without
downloading some other crap to view them ....whats the purpose of it
..what purpose does it serve besides ****ing off those who cant view
the pics i really dont see the point of it all
Mick H

Mike,

Their loss that you don't view them. I have the means to see all of them.
But I fully agree with you that they should consider others when posting.
Lots of folks are still on dial-up....money the economy or whatever.
These are the folks I feel for.
Some folks are not internet savvy and that's okay, but you and others
have made it to the newsgroups and I think that's great.
There is absolutely NO need for folks to invest in software or newsgroup
providers if their ISP carries newsgroups. I do however have XNEWS and
that's great for viewing and it's free.
I think the biggest gripe is that the power posters don't even include
an index. If they did then you could choose the photos that you wanted
to download.
Indexes are easy to make......it just boils down to lazyness. It's sad
that the time and effort that folks take to post the stuff and more than
half will not view them. Sad!
Now I'm sure that someone will come along and say tough. But that just
shows how selfish the person is. I know one that will bite on this post
in a milliesecond...lol

JRW