Old October 18th 08, 04:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.misc
Julian Gomez

Default Free or donated flights for nonprofits?

In article ,
Gino Marchetti wrote:

Julian Gómez wrote in news:jeg-
:

Also check with AOPA to make sure you have all the "i's dotted so you
don't end up getting charged with commercial operation.

Are you saying that Angel Flight and Air Care Alliance are commercial
operations? I thought they operated charity flights.

That's true, but we're talking about the FAA here. You have to publicize
and conduct the flights the right way, otherwise the FAA will charge you
with unlicensed commercial operation. AOPA has material on how to do
that.