Old June 11th 09, 02:51 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mike Schumann

Default EW microRecorder and ERIXX

The EW unit is a great unit once you figure out how to turn it on and off.
The LEDs are really hard to see in sunlight, which makes this a little
challenging. It is a very good unit to use in a club, as each pilot can
have his own SD card with his/her own task declarations. When you turn the
unit off, the log file is copied into the SD card, which you can take with
you and download to your PC at our leisure.

Mike Schumann

"nimbus" wrote in message
Another Pros :

1. You can fly during 100 hours without charging your EW logger
2. "After Sale" service is just excellent ! Top quality about
communication with vendor.
3. Very light.

Another cons:

1. There is no standard "ON/OFF" switch. You have to click twice (at a
certain speed) on a very small button and see the red light
disappearing for switching off the unit.
2. I have to admit and confirm that the antenna connector looks (and
is ???) very fragile.

Recommenation:

Buy the EW unit with a SD card reader. So you can leave the EW inside
the cockpit and bring only the SD card at home.

Best regards,
bruno