Old February 6th 11, 08:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
T8

Default Cheap tiny video cameras - what works best?

On Feb 6, 2:19*pm, Eric Greenwell wrote:
A previous thread discussed this, but didn't come to any conclusions, so
I'm hoping there is enough experience now to make recommendations for a
small video camera like the MD 80 or similar. Has anyone found a
reliable, easy to use unit?

I have an 808 keychain cam that shoots surprisingly good video at the
price, but is very fiddly to use, easy to end up with no video. It
also has the oddity of stretching the horizontal -- that can be
corrected later, but is just one more thing to do. I also have a
GoPro HeroHD (super wide angle) which is another kettle of fish
altogether, vastly better quality and priced accordingly. I've linked
sample videos with minimal editing here before -- look up "SoarNH" on
youtube.

-Evan Ludeman / T8