Old February 7th 11, 11:39 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Chris Nicholas[_2_]

Default Cheap tiny video cameras - what works best?

Martin, connecting the camera to PC via a USB lead sometimes works and
sometimes doesn't. I don't know why. But the first time I tried it,
without having loaded the driver CD, it said it recognised there was
something there but couldn't open it.

After loading the CD, it worked fine at first.

After I posted my earlier message, I found on Techmoan's website (to
which I gave a link) that he has posted a download link for the
driver. I haven't tried it, as I already have the CD, and he says it
is the version 3, which may not work with others though I suspect it
probably would. So it looks like nobody need buy the more expensive
Amazon-sourced version (£24 vs £14, roughly).

I have used the method of putting the SD card into a holder and card
reader, and yes, that works. But I wasn't sure that it would work if I
had not already used the CD. I suppose it probably would be okay.

Chris N