Old February 7th 11, 04:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Martin Gregorie[_5_]

Default Cheap tiny video cameras - what works best?

On Sun, 06 Feb 2011 17:08:28 -0800, Mike wrote:

On Feb 6, 4:57Â*pm, Martin Gregorie
wrote:
On Sun, 06 Feb 2011 13:11:19 -0800, Chris Nicholas wrote:
I have three of these 808 cameras, bought with Christmas present
vouchers via Amazon. One was more expensive, the other two as cheap
as they come. I'm glad I bought the expensive one, because it came
with a CD. Without that, is impossible to download videos to a
computer and view them.

????
There are two ways that don't need the disk:

- Connect the camera to your PC with the supplied USB cable
Â* without removing the SD card.
Â* The camera should show up on your desk top as a mass storage device,
Â* just as though you'd plugged in a USB memory stick.

Â* However, as everything about the cameras matches the price,
Â* sometimes the USB cable is NBG, so try another.

- with any luck your micro-SD card came with a full-size SD-card
carrier
Â* that it clips into. Take it out of the camera, put it in the carrier
Â* and then use a standard SD-card reader to read it like any other SD
Â* card.

Not yet had a chance to use them in the glider, but I have been
practising on the ground.

Same here.

There are some really useful websites which help overcome the
inadequate instructions that come in the box the camera itself.

IMO this is one of the best:http://www.chucklohr.com/808 Its a bit
chaotically organised, but it contains a huge amount of information
about the various camera models, using them, exactly what's inside and
where the bits came from.

--
martin@ Â* | Martin Gregorie
gregorie. | Essex, UK

I see eletoponline on ebay have HD 1028 X 720P cameras they sell with
class 4 memory cards. Do class 4 cards actually work for HD video?

I like the look of the 720p bullet cams sold by Dogcam:
http://www.dogcamsport.co.uk/

....but at 100 squids a throw it is in a rather different price range.

--
martin@ | Martin Gregorie
gregorie. | Essex, UK