Old November 21st 05, 11:44 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default Archer wheel pants on a Cherokee

Hey all. I've got a hershey-bar PA-28 that's been without wheel pants since
we bought it. Looks a bit ghetto, and I'd like the speed increase available by
putting some on. Awhile back, I ebayed up a set of archer pants thinking I may be
able to make them work. After looking at it, it seemed unlikely since a new strut
fairing and some skinwork would have to be done.

Yesterday, I ran across http://www.speedpants.com/. They sell wheel pants
that are more or less directly compatible with the Piper pants. They've also got a
retrofit kit for the earlier cherokees like mine. I'm thinking of trying to get a
field approval to put them on with the pants I've got.

Sound insane? Maybe it'd be better to go with all Piper parts (i.e. fairings,
etc). Just curious if anyone else has done such a thing.

-Cory

* Cory Papenfuss *