Old April 28th 08, 05:24 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.alien.vampire.flonk.flonk.flonk
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

Default maxwell crashes agin..

"Maxwell" luv2^fly99@cox.^net wrote in news:3jcRj.58626$QC.41863
@newsfe20.lga:

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in message
.. .
Big John wrote in
:

On Thu, 24 Apr 2008 15:40:55 -0700 (PDT), WingFlaps
wrote:

On Apr 25, 10:16 am, Stefan wrote:
WingFlaps schrieb:

(the stall is now damn close -better
hope there's no significant wind)
Now we add in the energy losses from having to
accelerate with the wind and to glide speed.

Arrrgh! Not the old "turn into downwind" legend again! Better work

out
your understanding of physics before publicly reasoning about

turns.

Try reading the statement again, here it is:

"Now we add in the energy losses from having to accelerate with the
wind and to glide speed."

Now perhaps you would like to revise some physics and try to

critcise
it for us?

I await your stumbling analysis of my words with mild amusement.

Cheers
Long time ago in the 30's I saw on a couple of occasions a Cub take
off in a strong head wind 25+ mph and make a 180 degree turn to down
wind. They then started losing altitude and mushed into the ground
nose high. Any idea why? Pilot's said they had full throttle and
proper RPM showed on engines until impact.

Wind gradient. As they climbed, the wind would increase and they'd

lose
some airspeed until they were on the backside of the power curve.same
thing would happen if you took off with strong tailwind in the first
place. Also, the poorer climb angle even without the wind gradient

would
cause many to get the nose up a bit too much as well if they were not
used to it.

Bertie

Turn your head 90 degrees and it will change the dynamics of all of

it.
That's the way wind tunnels work, child.

Yeh, sure fjukktard.

Bertie