Old December 12th 20, 06:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
BG[_4_]

Default Paraglider pilot missing in eastern Nevada

On Friday, December 11, 2020 at 3:02:53 PM UTC-8, wrote:
I believe if we never aged and continued flying forever, it will eventually kill us....

I believe if we age and continue flying it will kill us much sooner than that.

After instructing for 34 years, the absolute worse part of that experience was reminding older and some younger with health problems, their flying days were over. The worse of the worse were those who were in denial and down right belligerent. They would work the system and try to find another instructor even another place to fly. When they ran out of places that would not let them fly, they bought a self launcher and the rest is history. All of this group are so self serving and could not give a damn about the negative impact on the community.

There are many high risk things that agree with the statement " I believe if we never aged and continued flying forever, it will eventually kill us..." Being around skydivers, surfers, pilots and rock climbers, I have lost handfuls of friends over the years. Sadly most in gliders..

You have to truly admire those have recognized the signs and choose to leave the world in a way we all respect. Yeager and Hoover comes to mind.

BG