Old July 28th 03, 09:55 PM
Al Gerharter

I have. Outside of traning, I've lost 7 engines in about 7 thousand hours.
Four failures were in three twins, 3 failures were in singles, and all were
landed on a paved airports. 4 of the five airports had a bar. 1 of the
single failures was night/IFR/over mauntains. One of the twins, it was both
engines(fuel ice). One of my first instructors once said "Luck is where
opportunity meets preparation". Al Gerharter CFIAMI

"Rocky" wrote in message
om...
Aside from glider pilots.... how many of you have ever experienced an
engine out dead stick landing? Care to talk about it? I've done quite
a few of them. Some were intentional, some were during training, and
some happened at the most inopportune time with mechanical failures of
one sort or other. This included helicopters and airplanes.