Old July 29th 03, 05:14 AM
Robert M. Gary

I kinda lost an engine in a J-3 once due to carb ice. The carb heat
was actually on at the time but I guess it took that long for the ice
to become water. However, by the time I completed my 180 back to the
field, it had cleared.

(Rocky) wrote in message . com...
Aside from glider pilots.... how many of you have ever experienced an
engine out dead stick landing? Care to talk about it? I've done quite
a few of them. Some were intentional, some were during training, and
some happened at the most inopportune time with mechanical failures of
one sort or other. This included helicopters and airplanes.