Old July 22nd 04, 03:30 AM
Duke of URL

Joe Osman wrote:

If those pesky Esperanto give us too much trouble our US Army is
ready. All they have to do is run off a bunch of copies of US Army
field manual FM 301-101-1 "Esperanto: The Aggressor Language." You
can get your own copy. Go to http://carlisle-www.army.mil/usamhi/
click on the "Collecton Online" tab, then the "Authority Documents"
picture on the next page, the search button on the next page and then
enter esperanto in the search field on the next page.
No idea yet as to when this 1962 edition which replaced the 1959 FM
301-101A will itself be replaced by a joint manual. I would assume
that a more current estimate of the Esperanto threat would be
required first.

Hmph. Not to condemn Ser Osman as unneccessarily overworking peoples'
mouses, but ...
Click On:
http://144.99.215.51:8080/awapps/mai...&smd=1&awdid=1

BTW, Joe, thanks for the reminder. I'd forgotten about the days when we had
to be on the constant alert for penetration/sabotage/assault by the eeevill
Esperantists.
Yes, they attempted to attack Naval installations, too. Not routinely,
though - it was usually a squad of turn-coat SEALs (Like that? Huh? Huh?
Like that pune[1] on seal coats? Huh?) who would infiltrate.

[1] a play on words
--
The One-and-only Holy Moses™