Old November 13th 04, 04:04 AM
NimBill

From: (Pechs1)

Don't think so. I flew in RedFlag with brit and german A/C and they were
markedlike normally.P. C. ChisholmCDR, USN(ret.)Old Phart Phormer Phantom,
Turkey, Viper, Scooter and Combat Buckeye Phlyer

Tis true! I can remember taking a trip to an unknown site and examing the
electronics in a captured MIG and it had no USA markings but was flown many
times by Americans to assess its abilities.

The electronis were way out of date by our standards but the aircraft otherwise
was very good.

About 1 hour drive from here is Holloman AFB which is home of the Stealth
Fighters which are actually bombers and also home to the largest contingent of
German Air Force outside of Germany and their aircraft have no US markings.
Mostly they are Phantoms but the contingent is large enough that a German
moving company has set up a center there.

They also have a German language school system in Alamogordo NM.

Living so close to White Sands Missile Range and working there or Holloman AFB
or Fort Bliss and Biggs Army Airfield I often I often see foreign aircraft
being flown by US Military pilots with no US markings.