Old October 9th 03, 09:56 PM
Angus Lepper

There are programs, such as DirectXBuster, which will uninstall DX, then
install from your windows disk (or you can manually reinstalll) I needed to
do this as something weird happended with my Dx9, HTH
"ArtP" wrote in message
On Thu, 9 Oct 2003 19:51:20 +0100, "Mark Cherry"
wrote:

Before I'd reached 'disaster area' point, culminating in returning the

box to
the shop for a full XP reinstall, I made numberous program and driver

installs
but, on peeking at system restore, only found restore points dating from

where
the retailer had done the initial installations.

Is there a setting I'm missing somewhere?

Start, Programs, Accessories, System Tools, Restore System, System
Restore Settings