Old April 16th 19, 06:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Jonker JS-3 in Sagebrush

Steve,

This post took a lot of courage to write. Thank you for your brutally
honest analysis. Hopefully, the post will have been worth it, if it
prevents just one other new JS-3 pilot from making the same error
in the future. Best wishes for quick repairs.

RO

I agree. For all of our talk about sharing mistakes with our peers, from experience I know it's tough to 'fess up. Stuff happens. New situations present themselves, even if you've been flying for 50+ years. And if the latter is true, you're older and perhaps not quite as quick to assess and take the proper action. Kudos for the detailed account, which could save someone else from a similar or even more dangerous situation.

Chip Bearden
JB