Old April 10th 15, 07:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bill D

Default Hanger Flying/ I learned from this experience

On Friday, April 10, 2015 at 10:16:19 AM UTC-6, Jonathan St. Cloud wrote:
Dave Nadler wrote: "The above checks will not catch water in static,
nor leak in TE connection, nor leak in statics,
nor pitot plugged by bugs, all common problems... "

Not being very mechanical I was wondering if someone could explain what procedures will detect water in the systems, leaks in the systems, plugged pitot,... etc. Thanks fellow pilots for all the great discussions.

There are such things as water traps for pitot/static systems which go in a low spot. I recall some of these are transparent so they can be inspected for water.

This is not exactly what I was thinking of but it gives the idea.
http://www.trutechtools.com/Bacharac...ly_p_1472.html

The filter would keep insects out of the system.