Old May 1st 14, 03:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Steve Leonard[_2_]

Default wing tape

I think this will become the next thing to boost the sales price of used sailplanes. "Only used the highest quality wing tape, applied by a little old lady before flying after church on Sunday." Sort of like a CarFax report..

Bowlus and 3M 483 are nice because they are 1 inch wide, and on some ships that have bigger gaps to be covered, you need more tape width than you get with the 3M 35 tape at 3/4 inch wide. However, on non-planar intersections (Nimbus 3 wing to fuselage joint), wider is not always better.

I have tried several different ones, and I like 3M 35 white tape. I use it once, then throw it away.