Old May 2nd 14, 02:24 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Default wing tape

I simply rent hangar space. I'm still using rolls of 3M tape that I picked
up in the early 90s!

Oh, and it was by saving that $100 on tape over the past 20+ years that I
can afford the glider and the SUV.

"Mark628CA" wrote in message
I find it laughable when I see somebody using cheap crappy tape on their
$60,000+ glider after they drive up in the $40,000+ SUV. What are you
saving? Maybe a nickel a flight? Oh, and don't forget the real misers who
SAVE said crappy tape to use the next day, with the additional benefit of
the dirt that collects on the sticky side.

I prefer the Bowlus Maxi-Tape. It is by far the best stuff out there, and I
saved my money by building a $75,000 hangar. Since I only have to tape up
two or three times a year, I expect my investment to pay off about the time
the Sun burns out.