Old May 6th 14, 10:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
CindyB[_2_]

Default wing tape

On Tuesday, April 29, 2014 3:47:13 AM UTC-7, Colin Roney wrote:
Where and what product is the best white wing tape to be bought?

Once upon a time in a land far away, a pilot chose to use the cheapest tape he
could find on his wing roots. It happened to be 3/4 inch black electrical
cheeeeap tape. Off he went, out and about heavenward. Somewhere hours later on
course, he happened to look at the wingroot. . . . and saw this significant gap
between root and wingskin.

After the startle, the thinking, the realization that his wings were really ON,
and the tape span was not really a gap, he flew home with much thanks for
saving those extra $2 per roll.
He then chose to buy the tape in COLORS, for about $.67 per roll.

For his retirement party, a couple years later, we presented him with about
two dozen rolls of pink, lavender, sky blue, grass green and lemon yellow
CHEEEEPP tape. It can be found in electrical supply stores for labeling
different wiring schemes.
None of us cared about reusability, tape residue or stretch and formabiity.

We only cared about the decorative effect.

With affection,

Cindy B