Old March 28th 18, 01:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
son_of_flubber

Default Stress/Anxiety Driven Accidents

On Wednesday, March 28, 2018 at 7:09:06 AM UTC-4, wrote:
Mental and physical performance reduction does occur above a heart rate of @145 when that heart rate is stress induced.

I have a hard time believing that 145 bpm is a constant threshold across all ages and fitness levels. Does anyone know of a peer reviewed citation for that magic number? (Facebook and infowars.com do not count as legit 'research'.)

How many 75+ year old hearts can even beat at 145+ bpm? Does the 145 bpm rule make older glider pilots immune from stress induced skill degradation? I think not.