Old May 11th 05, 03:44 PM
Matt Barrow

"Dave Butler" wrote in message
news:1115818851.323570@sj-nntpcache-3...
Kyle Boatright wrote:
What's the narrowest runway you've ever used? At what runway width are

you
comfortable? Among other things, I had an interesting experience

yesterday
with a runway that was far narrower than any I'd used before...

Liberty, NC, 2A5 Runway 2/20
Dimensions: 3800 x 40 ft. / 1158 x 12 m
http://www.airnav.com/airport/2A5

The Mooney's wingspan is 36' 1".

There are no noticable obstructions along the sides of the runway, so I

didn't
have any heartburn about taxiing / takeoff / landing. It definitely is a

good
place to observe the optical effects of a narrow runway during short

final, though.

My home airport has 150 ft wide runways.

Mine also (150' and 100') and it takes your breath away coming into a
spaghetti farm for a change.