Old August 17th 06, 03:25 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt
Kyle Boatright

Default Look at Van's Blather here.

"Jim Logajan" wrote in message
.. .

snip

Given all the above, it doesn't seem hard to justify installing something
larger than an O-235 in an RV-9A.

Another way to look at it is that you can always throttle the 180 hp engine
back to get roughly the same fuel burn as the 118 hp engine, but no matter
how hard you firewall the 118 hp engine, it is still only 118 hp...

In addition, I think you'll get a far better resale with a 150 hp or better
engine in the -9. I think there are plenty of people who wouldn't even
consider buying a 118 hp version.

KB