Old August 17th 06, 03:54 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt
JJS

Default Look at Ludwig's Blather here.

"Steve Foley" wrote in message
"JJS" jschneider@remove socks cebridge.net wrote in message ...

"Steve Foley" wrote in message news:F4KEg.3078$df.1829@trndny06...
Are the comments in parentheses yours? It's kind of hard to tell who wrote
what.

In any case, I know of at one Lycoming engine designed for a boat. I think
it was used in the 1930s.

Lycomings are used in airboats all the time in Florida. And Van's aircraft built one of their RV-10s with a
Continental.

This is an old wooden boat with an inboard marine engine built by Lycoming. It's not an aircraft engine.

My bad Steve. My comment was poorly directed to Ludwig in response to his assertion that Lycomings are not used in
boats.