Old March 24th 19, 07:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Pete Wizz

Default Electric sustainer registration in US

Hi There,

I have an certified glider registered in US, glider has been send to Europe for a little tuning recently. Part of this is an electric front sustainer which according to Europe regulations should be certified too but is not during to local bureaucracy. I am not sure if the glider should stay there for a year to give them a chance and finishing the job as planned or pack it up in to shipping container and get back to US. My question is how complex could be to register this 'powered' glider as experimental.
Any help very welcome, thanks in advance.

Pete