Old March 24th 19, 11:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Darryl Ramm

Default Electric sustainer registration in US

Experimental for what? Racing? Exibition? Research & Development?

Are there other examples of similar experimental category gliders flying with that modification in the USA? The FAA may well blanche at trying to move a type certified glider to racing/exhibition because somebody started to make modifications on the aircraft not convered by a TC or STC.

If there was a research and development project here that might be different, if that is what you are after I would find a DAR to get involved in this project.

Either way a knowledgeable DAR used to dealing with the local FSDO may be worth talking to. Yes I know this is supposed to be getting more centralized....