Old April 19th 19, 06:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Pre Buy Inspection at El Tiro Gliderport

Can anyone provide a reference for someone that can do a pre-buy inspection at El Tiro Gliderport? I've already seen the glider in person and feel its a safe purchase but wanted to get a second opinion if I could.

My two main concerns are the ballast system working after 10+ years of not being used and road worthiness of the trailer as it hasn't moved in 3 years.

Are those items typically evaluated on a pre-buy inspection?

I know you can take the bags out and fill them for leak checks, but not sure how the valves can be tested.

Is it possible to check brakes and bears by simply jacking the trailer up and listening for rubbing in the wheels?

Thanks for any advice.