Old April 24th 19, 08:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Pre Buy Inspection at El Tiro Gliderport

I have had problems in the past doing pre-purchase inspections. Once, I drove an hour and a half, inspected the bird and told the buyer I couldn’t recommend buying the it. He thanked me and wrote a check................you guessed it, the check bounced!
Another time I drove an hour and inspected a damaged bird, then submitted an estimate to the insurance company. I got the job, but the adjuster refused to pay my hours incurred in providing the estimate.
Nowadays, I’ll give you a free inspection, but only at my shop!
JJ