Old August 10th 03, 05:23 AM
hnelson

Default Portable oxygen system suggestions...

"Peter" wrote in message

It is for ocassional flights only e.g. 1x or 2x a year at 15000 ft,
for 1-2 hrs, and 1 or 2 people but expandable to 4. In Europe.

I have looked at the Aerox one with their oxymiser canulas, but wonder
if a proper mask isn't a better way to go, and it should use less
oxygen. The problem is the mike and the wiring - trivial enough but a
hassle since I am not legally allowed to do it myself and doing it
properly involves fitting a 2nd mike connector somewhere, in parallel
with my aircraft-powered Bose headset... But some masks have a hole in
the side and you just poke the existing mike through there,
apparently.. also there are cheap masks for about $10 and silicone
ones for $200+ (w/o a mike).

I have the Aircraft Spruce catalogue for reference also; they sell the
Aerox and some apparently very similar systems.

Any suggestions, or what to avoid, would be appreciated.

I would suggest portable system with oxymiser cannulas. Get a finger pulse
oximeter (they are cheap now) and check out how the system works at 15,000.

Howard